Believe it or not, it took me less than 5 minutes to write this list as I looked in the mirror. These are the stories that we believe as overachievers…all of which lead us to believe that we are only worthy if we are achieving.
- There is no relaxing or resting until the job is done.
- You have to go above and beyond what’s expected.
- You always think that you haven’t done enough.
- You start thinking about work and to dos as soon as you open your eyes in the morning.
- You skip lunch and breaks because you think they are unproductive.
- You work on vacation or at social/family events…just this one email or call.
- You work when you are sick.
- You’re proud that you can work harder and longer than everyone else.
- You consider yourself hyper focused and hyper motivated.
- There’s no such thing as A- work.
- You only focus on the result, not the process.
- You believe that your achievements define your worth.
- You’ll do anything in your power to avoid failure.
- Your family makes excuses for your absence by saying you had to work.
- You have a visceral negative reaction to criticism.
- You are hyper focused on the future.
- You move on to the next goal without celebrating your current success.
- You get stuck in your head what if’ng.
- You spread yourself too thin and then get resentful.
- You believe that you work better under pressure.
- You will sacrifice your well being or time with family and friends in pursuit of your current goal.
If you are ready to get off the overachieving hamster wheel, I’m ready to help you. Let’s rewrite these stories to get you to a place of less pressure. Get in touch with me here.